Reasons you should consider Groom prep photographs
Weddings have evolved, thank goodness. We’ve lost puffy sleeves, perms, miserable line ups and shoulder pads and we are now blessed with the most amazing choices of venue, style, themes, food vendors and colour schemes. But one of my favourite changes is the promotion of the groom in the decision making stakes. I love that the balance has shifted. It means we see much more of the grooms personality in little details from the table names to drink and food vendors. Why not include them in the photography too? Shooting groom prep is always great fun and usually (but not always) a little more raucous.
Here are my 5 top reasons to consider Groom prep.
- The details - the shoes, the suits, even designer socks. If the time was taken to choose them they are definitely worth remembering afterwards.
2. The guys hanging out - As a bride I think it’s great to see the little bits of the day that you’re not there for. There is usually some dutch courage involved in the lads getting ready.
3. Getting dressed - full Windsor or half? And which side for a button hole? Groom prep always includes mickey taking, the cuff link struggle, someone googling how to tie a tie and lots of laughs.
4. Finishing touches - the check in the mirror, the cleaning of the shades and the selfies.
5. One of the best reasons for me is that it breaks down that initial nerves barrier at having a photographer around and can mean great relaxed, candid groomsmen shots later in wedding too.
You might also like
This morning I found myself trawling though this years photographs for the design of my husbands now, annual Christmas Calendar. Little did I know when I made him the first one about 8 years ago to hang in his office at work that I would start such a tradition but I...
Awwwwww these two! I would like to introduce you to Wendy and Leigh, two of the loveliest ladies I have had the pleasure of meeting. I first chatted to them at a Wedding Open Day at The Bull Hotel, Wrotham and instantly knew I wanted to shoot their wedding. They have...
I'm a documentary wedding photographer based in Kent and also cover Surrey, Sussex, Essex and London. I also love to shoot family portraits in the Kent area.
Site by The Design Space Co