Reasons you should consider Groom prep photographs
Weddings have evolved, thank goodness. We’ve lost puffy sleeves, perms, miserable line ups and shoulder pads and we are now blessed with the most amazing choices of venue, style, themes, food vendors and colour schemes. But one of my favourite changes is the promotion of the groom in the decision making stakes. I love that the balance has shifted. It means we see much more of the grooms personality in little details from the table names to drink and food vendors. Why not include them in the photography too? Shooting groom prep is always great fun and usually (but not always) a little more raucous.
Here are my 5 top reasons to consider Groom prep.
- The details – the shoes, the suits, even designer socks. If the time was taken to choose them they are definitely worth remembering afterwards.
2. The guys hanging out – As a bride I think it’s great to see the little bits of the day that you’re not there for. There is usually some dutch courage involved in the lads getting ready.
3. Getting dressed – full Windsor or half? And which side for a button hole? Groom prep always includes mickey taking, the cuff link struggle, someone googling how to tie a tie and lots of laughs.
4. Finishing touches – the check in the mirror, the cleaning of the shades and the selfies.
5. One of the best reasons for me is that it breaks down that initial nerves barrier at having a photographer around and can mean great relaxed, candid groomsmen shots later in wedding too.
You might also like
You are engaged - yay! The Pinterest browsing starts (It's OK, we don't need to tell anyone you had the secret boards for the last 5 years anyway!), the magazine pile grows and the visits to wedding fairs begin. One of the best resources at your disposal though, are...
I knew when I first met Leigha to chat about her Kent Wedding at The London Golf Club, that it was going to be a good one. When she told me about the proposal, I also knew that it was going to be packed with emotion. During a trip to Disneyland Paris, Bradley had...
I'm a Kent Wedding Photographer for happy, relaxed, loved-up couples who want to look and feel amazing on their wedding day. I also cover Surrey, Sussex and Essex.
Site by The Design Space Co